Tuesday 24 May 2016

Spring Favorites! .2016. Fashion & Beauty





March is the first transitional month of spring, during which most people wonder "should I wear a coat?", "should I carry my thick scarf with me?". Sadly, the answer is YES most of the days, since (in Greece) March is 'Winter undercover'. Anyway, April came and the clothing layers and colours became a little lighter and Spring was a lot more obvious. May is HERE! Right now the weather is particularly warm and sunny during the day that I can start wearing my summer wardrobe, but in the evening it's still a bit chilly and calls for a light jacket or cardigan.
Now let's dig in and start with the first on the list.

 A big black handbag!

This very chic, designer looking piece is a faux leather handbag with a long strap to carry it on your shoulder. It is minimal and geometric which is a huge trend this year. I got it from Stradivarius on the February sales for 20 euros. It fits a lot of stuff, make up bag, purse, note book, a change of clothes.. but I try to keep it light so that it won't lose it's shape, since I plan on wearing it a lot during the colder months.

 Another Black Bag! This time a backpack!



The backpack has become a wardrobe staple for the past 2 years or so, so I don't have to explain why carrying one. But I wanna talk about this particular backpack, because it's quite special to me. It is a 20 years old Lacoste minimalist design with lux details (amazing hardware, embossed crocodile on the bottom corner) that has been in my family for that long! And one day my mum asked: Do you want this bag or should I donate it?..So here we are. I own this Lacoste for free, in amazing condition because of its great quality, not because of its use (my mum and aunt use to carry it around every day and couldn't care less about it). The main material is quite unique, it is a very durable plastic in matt finish that doesn't scratch, doesn't lose shape and will probably survive a nuclear war too. The only downside for me is the drawstring closure that isn't very practical. I prefer zippers. Nevertheless I have received many compliments from people my age so I am very happy with it!



Next favorite is a bath product, a humble shower gel. But why is it a favorite you ask? Because of its amazing, unreal, out-of-this-world SCENT.
It says 'Chocolate', but the truth is slightly different and way more intense. It actually smells like chocolate covered orange slices that you find in every pastry/candy shop. That actually doesn't do it justice, it smells like you're in a chocolate factory, in the room of Orange Dipping and you swim in the orange scented melted chocolate.. As a shower gel it is actually quite moisturizing and feels good on your skin afterwards but unfortunately the smell does not linger on. Or maybe that's a good thing and spares you the sudden bites of people passing by.

A light Grey nail polish! O M G

This grey shade goes with ANY outfit and makes every day fashion week, in my head. With my slightly tanned Caucasian skin tone this grey feels like a more sophisticated nude, a trendier nude, an "I know my fashion" kind of nude. When I have it on my nails I feel put together and fresh. And I think that's a lot to get from a cheap brand nail polish! Sixteen cosmetics, long lasting nail polish (about 4 days without a chip), no.548, price: 1(one) euro!

This toner is an Oil Control lotion from Seventeen targeted towards oily skin, and it is a favorite because it leaves my skin feeling refreshed and extra clean. It definitely helped my skin stay clearer during the difficult days of the month. Even though I forget to use it every day 


Last but not least! A suede moto jacket in camel!




I'm just in love with it. I wear it almost every day, it goes with any outfit, any color, and doesn't look like winter while providing enough warmth. It is real suede and buttery soft. I just love it, makes every outfit more stylish and current. I got it from Stradivarius on the February sales, for 40 euros (original price 80 euros). 

Hope you find that helpful or interesting
Have a nice day!
xo Mrt

No comments:

Post a Comment